Twitter Updates

11.16.2008

And then there were 3

Around 2:30 this morning I was awoken from some much needed sleep, but I didn't mind at all. In fact, I was hoping for that so that I wouldn't miss what was about to happen. I almost thought I was going to end up sleeping through it which would have been regretable. So, was it some rare astronomical event or a special online late-nite sale?

Ok, so it's not as epic as that. Enough with the teasing :-p So, why was I woken up in the middle of a great sleep? To see my Dad off as he left for Houston. "Why was he leaving @ 2:30 in the morning?" you ask. Well, for a few reasons. 1) It's a 13 hour drive, roughly, and he doesn't want to get in too late. 2) In hopes of not missing a football game or two that he wants to see. And 3) He starts his new job tomorrow morning, so after such a long drive he's gonna need some time to settle in and rest up so he's nice and ready for his first day of work! Well, not first day ever, but you know what I mean.

So, now we're down to 3 in the house: Mom, Amanda, and me. At least until about April 2009 when we can leave the house we're renting and Mom can join Dad down in Houston. "But what about Amanda and you? Where will guys go? With them in Houston or what?" Well, the hope is that by then either one or both of us will have a job by then and can move back up to Las Cruces so we can finish school. We'll figure all that out as it comes along.

For now we're just thanking God that both Mom and Dad have jobs and that Dad's job is only half the distance away as his last job moved him (South Carolina in case you didn't know). I've always wanted to see more of Houston than just the airport when connecting on to somewhere else. Plus it's near a beach and not too far from Galveston where Dad grew up so I'll get to see the place he used to call home a long time ago.

Oh, and it wasn't too sad of a good-bye last night. We'll see him in about a week and a half or so for Thanksgiving. Still trying to work out the details about getting out to PHX to spend it with the family out there, or whether Mom and Dad will do Thanksgiving/their anniversary in El Paso and then head up, or some other plan.

Anyways, now you're pretty much up to date. More on other stuff/random thoughts later or whenever I feel like it =p

1 comment:

Chris Sanchez said...

Glad to hear things are looking up!